High speed train is one of the most effective and most commonly used modes of transportation besides aircraft in China.
But High speed train itself has several types and sometimes it makes foreigners be a little confusion in buying train tickets in China, here is a summary of the differences in the High speed train in China so that we can more easily understand.
Types of trains can be divided into two categories: High Speed Trains and Normal trains. To be more specific, below is the explanation:
HIGH SPEED TRAIN: The train code starts with G, D, C
- First later code G, which in Chinese stands for 高 (Gao) means high speed train with a maximum speed of 300-350km / hour
- First later code D, which in Chinese stands for 动 (Dong) means ordinary high speed train with a maximum speed of 200-250km / hour
- First later code C, which in Chinese stands for 城 (Cheng) means high speed train between cities with a maximum speed of 160-350km / hour. First later code C determines the operating speed according to the road conditions in various places
TYPES OF HIGH SPEED TRAIN SEATING CLASSES:
- 商务 座 (Shang Wu Zuo) / Business Class
It should be noted, the train seat class is not the same as an airplane, on a high speed train, the business class class is the highest class. You can recline the seat until sleep position.
- 一等 座 (Yi Deng Zuo) / First Clas
The first class class is almost the same as the second class, but wider. One row consists of 4 benches, 2 right and 2 left.
- 二等 座 (Er Deng Zuo) / Second Class
Second class seat are a standard class with one row consists of 5 benches, one side has 2 benches and another side has 3 benches. Although second class is the lowest classes of high speed train but the bench is comfortable enough.
NORMAL SPEED TRAIN: The train code starts with Z, T, K
- First later code Z which in mandarin stands for 直 (Zhi) means train with a maximum speed is 160 km / hour
- First later code T which in mandarin stands for 特 (Te) means train with maximum speed is 140 km / hour
- First later code K which in mandarin stands for 快 (Kuai) means train with maximum speed is 120km / hour
TYPES OF NORMAL TRAIN SEAT CLASSES:
- 硬座 (Ying Zuo) / Hard Seat
One row usually consists of 5 benches, one side is 2 benches and the other one is 3 benches, the seats are not as soft as the second class.
- 硬卧 (Ying Wo) / Hard Sleeper
A Hard Sleeper room consists of 6 beds, 3 in the left sides and 3 in the right sides, and each sides consists of below, middle and upper bed. Each bed also has a different price too, the most expensive is usually the below side due to its easier access.
- 软卧 (Ruan Wo) / Soft Sleeper
One Soft bed room consists of 4 beds, 2 in the right sides and 2 left sides, and each sides consists of upper and below bed.
HOW TO READ CHINA’S TRAIN TICKET?
Although some people might not understand Chinese character, but i believe we can read number. Below is the most important things to know.
HIGH SPEED TRAIN VS NORMAL TRAIN PRICE
The price of a high speed train ticket is definitely more expensive than a normal train ticket, for easier understanding, the faster the speed of the train, the more expensive the price will be, but the different of its price will be worth to the time we can save right?
WHEN IS THE TIME TO ORDER TRAIN TICKET?
China train ticket schedule is pretty same as other train schedules, we can only order train tickets 1 month before the departure date, for example, if we want to order a ticket for June 30, then we can only order it starting on May 30.
Train ticket prices do not have highseason and lowseason period, which mean train ticket prices will be the same on any date (if no special condition)
Hopefully through this article we can better understand the differences from the China fast train. Welcome to China !